Click on the tab above to see all resources about Government Directives, or use the menus on the right to browse this section or filter your search.
This section will help you understand the context of health system integration in Ontario by providing key directives from the Ontario government ministries, Local Health Integration Networks and other levels of government. Information about funding available for integration work is also included.
The Local Health System Integration Act of 2006 provides the underlying legislative structure for health system integration in Ontario. There are, however, many other relevant directives from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, other Ontario government ministries, and Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
There are also federal directives that are relevant to health system integration: Government of Canada legislation governs the whole health system, the federal government is directly responsible for on-reserve health of First Nations, and constitutional documents such as the Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantee linguistic, Aboriginal and other rights which may become relevant in integration contexts.
Resources about Government Directives
Use the menus on the right to browse this section or filter your search.
- An Overview of Voluntary Integration at Toronto Central LHIN: Voluntary Integration Roadmap
- Background Information For Integration Decision
- Canada Health Act
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Central East LHIN Facilitated and Negotiated Integration Process and Requirements Guide
- Central East LHIN Organizational Health – Self Assessment Tool
- DRAFT Central Local Health Integration Network Guidelines for Identifying Integration Proposals
- First Nations and Inuit Health
- Health Links
- HNHB LHIN Voluntray Integration Checklist
- LHIN Integration Materials
- Living Longer, Living Well
- Local Health System Integration Act
- North East LHIN Four Types of Integration as Described Through Local Health Systems Integration Act (2006)
- North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN BUILDING A BETTER HEALTH SYSTEM The Power of the Board
- North West LHIN Framework for Considering Integration
- Official Languages Act
- Ontario’s Action Plan for Health Care
- Ontario’s Action Plan for Seniors
- Ontario’s Local Health Integration Networks
- Roundtable: Quality in Primary Care
- Small, Rural and Northern Hospital Transformation Fund
- South East LHIN Integration Opportunity & Activity Reporting Template
- South West Local Health Integration Overview Manual
- Transforming the Health Care System
- Your Language Rights