Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit, 2012
Addressing Rural Health Needs: Development of a Rural Health Framework and Application for Program Service Planning and Delivery reviews literature in Canada and abroad and finds six key elements for effective rural health population program planning and delivery. These can be used as a guideline by rural health program planners. The six key aspects of the frame-work are:
- identify a rural community,
- review the social determinants of health,
- focus on a rural health issue,
- integrate multiple levels of community support,
- identify community rural health challenges and assets, and
- address rural health challenges and maximize assets using good practices for rural program planning and delivery.
Source: Visit the website
Section: Making Integration Work
Integration type: Coordination/cooperation, Voluntary
Document type: Research and analysis
Administrative concerns: Quality
Medical/social concerns: Equity, Social determinants of health
Source: Community health sector
Click on the category links above to find related resources.